Our Office Cleaning Checklist
This comprehensive office cleaning checklist is part of the services we are happy to offer you on regular basis. If needed, you can include additional items in your office cleaning agreement, in order to benefit from our services to the full.
When you sign up for any type of professional commercial cleaning services, you usually get what you pay for. Most commercial cleaning companies will provide you with a detailed list of services, allowing you to choose the ones you want. With Retro Clean, even our least expensive packages include a 32-Step Cleaning Service!
If your cleaning company didn’t provide you a checklist of services, you are welcome to use ours to determine how good your commercial cleaning provider is. We’ve been in the commercial cleaning industry for a very long while, and we know that our competitors aren’t able to provide the same quality and the same value for money as we do.
Your front desk area is the one people see first as they enter your building.
This is your only chance to make a great first impression on your visitors. You want this area to always be spotless clean and welcoming. Every human deserves a clean work environment. A clean and properly organized workplace help improving the productivity of your employees. Here’s the list of cleaning tasks for the front desk area and for office spaces:
1. Empty paper bins and trash cans. Wash them, if needed.
2. Vacuum mats and carpets
3. Vacuum wood and ceramic tile floors
4. Dust all desks, chairs, tables and other furniture items, as well as all other horizontal surfaces
5. Damp wipe all the above with a mild disinfectant solution
6. Mop all hard floors with the same solution to disinfect them
7. Remove spider webs, if any
8. Remove fingerprints and grime from around light switches and door handles
9. Clean automatic glass doors on both sides
10. Wipe all internal glass
11. Polish all brass handles and knobs on doors and cabinets
12. Spot clean walls and painted surfaces
13. Collect all waste papers and garbage from front entrance and from all office spaces
14. Ensure all areas are clean and tastefully arranged
Kitchen, Break Room, Toilet And Washroom
In order to kill the germs and to reduce the risk of infections, you have to ensure that your washroom is always clean and sanitized. This rule is also valid for all spaces where your employees gather together to eat. Even if their bring their own food rather than cooking on the spot, you still need to provide them with a safe and clean environment.
15. Make sure you have enough supplies of toilet paper, hand towels, and soap
16. Empty waste bins, wipe them if needed; replace liners
17. Clean all mirrors
18. Wipe clean hand towel dispensers and hand dryers
19. Wipe down doors and sills to remove fingerprints, dirt and grime
20. Clean and disinfect all basins.
21. Dust all surfaces, including frames, partitions and tops of mirrors
22. Wipe splash marks from walls and partitions
23. Clean and disinfect washroom and kitchen floors
24. Clean the elevator and the stairs
25. Pick up the garbage
26. Polish fixtures and accessories
27. Vacuum and mop all hard floors
28. Clean internal glass in doors to remove all spots
29. Clean and disinfect toilets and urinals, and then wipe them dry
30. Spray buff all hardwood and ceramic tile floors
31. Clean all glass inside and outside
32. Vacuum clean all vents. Also, vacuum the chairs, if needed
These are only a few standard cleaning procedures your janitorial services provider should complete.
If your current cleaning service doesn’t handle all these the right way, perhaps it’s time for you to search for a new one.
Visit the ISSA Canada website for current cleaning industry standards and information